Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I just thought of two things that have amused me alot:

1) All the bayley dance people spent valentine's day dancing with guys and eating a wonderfully romantic mcdonald's order in dinner XD Funny or sad, I dunno. Hahahaha.

2) Lin Kai Yuan - L.K.Y. - Lee Kuan Yew

I'm abit shocked. XDD

Since it's Valentine's Day today, I started thinking about the significance that people place on this event that arrives only once a year, and how it means different things to different people. For those who are attached, they look forward to this very day, where they get to spend it with their beloved. For those who are single, its a glaring reminder of their singlehood, or perhaps it arouses painful memories of how previous relationships have soured. Valentine's Day is an exclusive day.

Despite the crass materialism of today's society, one thing about us that will never change is our need to be emotionally dependent upon another, whether its friendship or love. Without these, life as it is, the mindless pursuit of money and pleasure, is utterly meaningless. I for one would be happier being poor and having true friends than being rich and being surrounded by fakers.

Hahaha I'm very tired so no more for tonight. This philosophical type of posts sound so good when you visualize it but somehow it gets lost in translation. -.-

No comments: