Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm really really thankful that our class is staying together, that we'll still remain 09A01A even with the release of humanities scholarships. Yesterday I felt like a great deal was off my mind not because of the scholarship, but because we won't be forced to split up; I felt happy last night, that God really answered all my prayers, spoken and unspoken hopes and fears. There's really so much to be thankful for. But talking it out just now made the reality that some people didn't get the scholarship so much more apparent and real. I'm feeling very bad for those who didn't get it now, especially brian because I think he deserves it more than anyone else. I'd give up my scholarship for him, to tell the truth. The scholarship doesn't mean as much because to me the class and the programme have been my priorities, not the money. But the disappointment I saw was heartwrenching. It's not fair, honestly.

Blogging at Zhengxuan's house now while the rest of the guys're playing halo and waiting for the Champs league matches to start. Just came from supper after watching "Black Comedies and Light Tragedies". The first two plays were alright, while I was really impressed with the suspense evoked in the play after the intermission. Great physical theatre, although my opinion admittedly doesn't hold that much weight.

I couldn't say the words I wanted to say, and in the end all that came out was words that meant nothing. Is this how things are meant to remain? Aberrations...?

No comments: